Italian-style stuffed turkey breastPrint Category Boneless turkey breast Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 160 mL (2/3 cup) ricotta cheese
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) finely chopped roasted red peppers (homemade or store-bought)
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 7 mL (1 1/2 teaspoons) dried Italian herb seasoning or dried basilic
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (about 100 g) pancetta slices
- Preheat oven to 160˚C (325˚F). Mix cheese, red pepper, lemon zest, herbs, garlic powder and egg in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Slice turkey breast in half, starting at long thick side, leaving 1 cm (1/2 inch) intact at the opposite side. Spread stuffing across opening and then fold over, using toothpicks to secure. Place turkey breast in a shallow ovenproof dish. Season with pepper.
- Cover the meat with pancetta slices. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest point gives a reading of 74˚C (165˚F) and the meat is no longer pinkish.
Accompaniment: Serve with a homemade or commercial black olive tapenade.
Variation: If you cannot find pancetta, replace with bacon slices.