Cream and thyme oysters with parmesan gratinPrint Category Oysters Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 24 whole oysters
- coarse salt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Compliments olive oil
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) finely chopped French shallots
- 250 mL (1 cup) white wine
- zest of one lemon
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) fi nely chopped fresh thyme
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) country-style 15% M.F. cream
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven broiler. Brush oysters under cold running water. Using a solid knife, open the oysters; remove shell shards and juice. Discard top shells. Slide knife blade under oysters to loosen from bottom shells. Cover the bottom of a large ovenproof dish with coarse salt. Nestle oysters in the salt so that they remain upright. Set aside. In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallot for about 2 minutes. Pour in white wine and bring to boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until wine is reduced by half. Add lemon zest, thyme and cream. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Spoon 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sauce over each oyster and sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil oysters for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is just barely golden. Decorate each oyster with a small sprig of thyme and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Serves : 4 to 6 servings
Variation:Replace lemon zest by lime zest and thyme by coriander