Shrimp-prosciutto brochettesPrint Category Shrimp Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 454 g (1 package) raw, peeled, deveined with tail, 16-20 calibre, thawed shrimp
- 1 kiwi, cut in sticks
- 20 basil leaves
- 150 g (1 package) San Daniel prosciutto slices, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Combine vinegar, oil, honey and garlic in a bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat barbecue to high.
- Place shrimp on work surface. Garnish each with a stick of kiwi and wrap with a basil leaf and then a thin prosciutto slice. Thread five shrimp on each skewer, ensuring they will not fall off.
- Cook on an oiled grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink and prosciutto is lightly grilled. Enjoy on a salad of greens, served with new potatoes.
Variation: Add 15 mL (1 tbsp.) lemon zest to marinade. Replace kiwi by cantaloupe and basil leaves by lemon balm leaves