Salmon and Cabbage StewPrint Category Soup pot Thematic No thematic Source Maxi Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 5 ml (1 tsp) butter or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- ¾ Savoy cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 1 can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
- 2 ml (½ tsp) fresh basil, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 4 salmon steaks, cut into cubes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 2 ml (½ tsp) pepper
- Heat butter or vegetable oil in a casserole. Add onion and cook over medium heat.
- While onion is cooking, mince cabbage using a mandoline and place in a strainer to rinse with water.
- Add garlic, cabbage, diced tomatoes and basil to casserole. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and stir. Reheat mixture for about 5 minutes, then add salmon. Season with salt and pepper and simmer another 5 minutes.