Gourmet Turkey MeltPrint Category Open faced sandwich Thematic No thematic Source Maxi Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 to 3 avocados
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) cooking cream 15% m.f.
- 8 sprigs chives, chopped
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- ½ lime juice
- 400 g (¾ lb) cooked turkey, cut into thins strips
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 4 bocconcini cheese balls, sliced
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 125 g (1 bag) Swiss cheese (such as Cogruet), grated
- Peel and remove flesh from avocados. Add to food processor container with cream, chives, shallots and lime juice. Blend until a smooth fluffy mixture is obtained. Season to taste and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Spread creamy avocado mixture over four slices of bread. Add a layer of turkey, red peppers and bocconcini. Top with remaining four slices of bread to make a sandwich.
- Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet and sprinkle top with Swiss cheese. Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for about 5 minutes or until cheese is golden