Chicken and Caramelized Onion TartsPrint Category Chicken Thematic No thematic Source Maxi Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (½ cup) port wine
- To taste salt and ground pepper
- 36 President's Choice chicken meatballs, sliced in half
- 24 tart shells, uncooked
- For decoration fresh rosemary
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Heat a large skillet, add olive oil, onion and maple syrup. Brown onion for 5 minutes or until properly caramelized. Add port wine, season to taste and let reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Pour onion preparation into tart shells and add 3 chicken meatball halves. Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C (350°F) for 15 minutes on the lower rack. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh rosemary.
Serves: 24 tarts