Grilled Papaya Flank SteakPrint Category Beeftsteak Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 14-oz. (400-g) Red Grill Angus flank steaks
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon grass, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Irresistibles peanut butter*
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Irresistibles maple syrup*
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and lemon grass, and cook on high for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, peanut butter and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Divide marinade into 2 portions: ¼ for the papaya and ¾ for the steaks. Add steaks and papaya to their respective portions of marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Drain marinade from steaks and boil marinade for 15 minutes. Grill the meat, brushing it with hot marinade during cooking, turning it over and brushing it with marinade again for nicely glazed meat. Cook until medium or medium-rare.
- Spoon cooked sauce over sliced steaks and serve with marinated papaya.
Suggestion: Marinate for 4 hours
Let flank steaks stand for a few minutes before slicing diagonally against the grain