Grilled Strip Loin Steak Red Grill Angus with Basil ButterPrint Category Beeftsteak Thematic No thematic Source Chef Ian Perreault Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 x 8-9 oz (4 x 250 g) strip loin steaks GrilRouge Angus
- Basil butter
- ½ lb. (225 g) unsalted butter*, at room temperature
- 1 bunch basil, blanched and spun
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh parsley, blanched and spun
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) Irresistible paprika*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) tabasco
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon juice*
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil*
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistible coarsely ground black pepper*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistible celery salt*
- Basil butter: combine basil butter ingredients in a food processor. Transfer butter to a sheet of foil, shape into a roll and wrap it up, folding the ends over to seal. Keeps 7 - 8 days in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Marinade: combine olive oil, garlic, coarsely ground black pepper and celery salt. Brush mixture on both sides of steak and marinate for 2 hours. Preheat barbecue to high.
- Grill the steaks to desired degree of doneness: rare (145oF/63oC), medium-rare (155oF/68oC), medium (160oF/70oC). Serve topped with a 1-in. (2.5-cm) thick pat of basil butter.
Suggestion: The recipe for basil butter is one way of keeping fresh herb flavour. The basil can be replaced with sage, chives, mint, coriander, etc. Store flavoured butters in the freezer, and use to give dishes fresh herb flavour.