Southwest Chicken ChiliPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Corn Oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped mild green chiles
- 6 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- GARNISH: Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, Sour cream, Chopped fresh cilantro, Tortilla chips
- HEAT corn oil in large heavy pot over medium heat. ADD onion and garlic. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper; sauté until just softened, about 1 minute. Add spices; cook until aromatic, about 1 minute more.
- ADD broth, beans, green chiles and chicken. Bring mixture to a boil; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. SEASON to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper. LADLE into bowls; garnish with cheese, sour cream and cilantro as desired.
6 to 8 servings