You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Corn Oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and cut into thin strips
- 3 large red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Corn Oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- GARNISHES: Sour cream, avocado slices, lime wedges and chopped cilantro
- HEAT 3 tablespoons oil in a large saucepot. Add onions and red peppers. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in roasted peppers, cinnamon and cayenne. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 25 minutes.
- COOL soup to room temperature. Puree in blender or food processor. Return to saucepot.
- HEAT 1/4 cup oil in large skillet. Add tortilla strips, several at a time, and fry for one minute. Remove strips to drain on paper towel. Cook remaining tortilla strips.
- ADD orange juice to soup. Reheat soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Top with a few tortilla strips. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, avocado slices, lime wedge and chopped cilantro.