La Trattoria lemon PiePrint Category Lemons and Limes Thematic No thematic Source La Trattoria Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) of unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) of cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) of sugar
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) of lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) of butter
- 1 baked pie shell
- amount of lemon zest as desired
- Mix gelatin and cold water and let in stand. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk yolks, whole eggs, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When bubbles break the surface, remove from heat and stir in margarine, 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) at a time. Heat gelatin in microwave about 10 sec. and add to mixture. Pour into the shell, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hrs.
Suggestion: When serving, add the whipped cream and sprinkle with lemon zest.